I used to spend an hour or so a week typing my thoughts here. Originally, I used it to figure out what I needed to know about blogging. Then it became a way to document some of the projects I was working on and to help understand the difference between options.
Eventually, I was putting out some thoughts regarding project management, technology change, and other topics I was wrestling with as I moved into new responsibilities. Some where a long the way, I lost interest (or perhaps discipline) in regularly posting. It might have been time became scarce, or perhaps I became self-conscious in what I was sharing as I became ever more aware that I had more and more to learn.
What ever it was, I am going to give it another whirl to see if I close the doors for good or use this space as a sounding board to work through the details of my current tasks and responsibilities. On my plate right now are the following projects.
- Phone Services Pilot/Upgraded
- Campus Television Service
- Review of Processes/Support
- Basic Video Production Support
- Revisions to Windows 7 Configuration
- Support of Web Conferencing
- Safer Computing Habits
- Updating our Data Storage Policy and File storage for non-standard files
- Developing SaaS Purchasing Recommendations
- File Storage from My Documents to Mapped Drive
As I write these down, it seems clear I have a lot going on and that there is a good bit to think about. Let’s see where this goes this time.